99.9 is as an invisible public monument made in an interesting geopolitical location arctic/tromso. the physicality of the work is made up of an fm radio that transmitt a beep sound in the area of the city for an infinite duration 24/7 in a manner that coutdun to something due.
The project has been made as part of a public art project "assuming public space" in collaboration with Thomas Hirschorn. the main idea of the work is based on the reflection "first ice free summer" and my own interest to engage this phenomenon as i exist in to this geo political location “ the arctic.moreover it is a transiton period , As Norway becoming the first country to fully change from FM to DAB.i choose to put my public art project (intangible monument) on to the becoming old fashion FM radio.
Some scientific quantitative prediction towards the first ice free summer suggests, it will happen in 15 -20 years. - My interest was putting the juxtaposition on the inevitability of ice free summer and its consequences, but human being in general engageon on acting to make it worst and often the issue is ignored from platforms of discussions. so i intend on putting a countdown (beep) sound towards the due of this natural phenomenon into an “obsolete FM “ frequency
PHYSICALITY OF THE WORK
- The title - 99.9 (an FM frequency I found open in Tromso which I like in a way it is on the verge/becoming of 100.
- A frequency can reach 15 to 20 km Radius in a normal circumstance .which makes the sound available in Tromso iland and the areas around
- The BEEP (every second) sound is available and continues always for 24 everyday for unlimited duration
- Why beep? It Is my quest to find a unique reflection on the context,
- DURATION OF THE WORK - The duration of the work was very subjective and undecided. Since the work itself was a subjective countdown to something due, it will be decided by the happening of the subject
-the location of the work is Tromso - an interesting geopolitical location and an arctic center